Individual & Family Enrollment
2016 Open Enrollment is from November 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
The 2016 Open Enrollment will begin on Sunday, November 1, 2015. There are new enrollment options for individuals and families in 2016, as noted below.
Didn't give us the 'heads up' like you wanted to? Don't worry. Although our heads up campaign has ended, you can still direct enroll with us! Come back anytime during open enrollment and complete either an online direct enrollment form or paper application.
2016 Enrollment Options
Unlike last year, individuals will have two options for buying coverage for 2016, noted in the table below. Both options give you access to the same BCBSVT plans and monthly rates.
|Enroll through a health plan, like Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT)||
|Enroll through Vermont Health Connect (VHC)||
For help or questions, call our experienced BCBSVT exchange consultants:
(800) 255-4550 | Monday -Friday | 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
How to Enroll
1. Compare the various Qualified Health Plans (QHP). BCBSVT qualified health plans available through direct enroll or Vermont Health Connect (VHC).
2. Select the QHP that best meets your health care and budget needs.
3. Review the scenarios below and determine what enrollment option best suits you.
|Gave us the 'heads up' of your intent to direct enroll||You need to make changes to your coverage for 2016||
You have three enrollment options:
1. Log in to the Member Resource Center and use our 'Open Enrollment Tool' (Perk: your current membership information is already pre-populated!)
2. Complete an online BCBSVT Individual Direct Enroll Web Form
3. Fill out a paper BCBSVT Individual Direct Enroll Application
|Have no changes for 2016 (keep the same as 2015)||No action is required, you're all set!|
|Want to direct enroll with BCBSVT||Are NOT eligible or are choosing to voluntarily FORGO any state or federal subsidies, even if you qualify for them. This includes cost-share reduction plans||
You have two enrollment options:
1. Complete an online BCBSVT Individual Direct Enroll Web Form
2. Fill out a paper BCBSVT Individual Direct Enroll Application
|Want to enroll through Vermont Health Connect||Would like to take advantage of any potential state or federal subsidies, including access to cost-share reduction plans||
Go to healthconnect.vermont.gov or calling Vermont Health Connect at (855)-899-9600 to enroll.
Pay your premium directly to VHC.
If you need care prior to receiving your new BCBSVT ID card and you have enrolled through VHC and paid your premium, please contact us at (800) 255-4550.
Help Paying for Coverage
As an individual/family enrolling through VHC, you may qualify for help paying for your coverage. Learn more about available tax credits and subsidies.