Report a Change
How you report a change depends on how you enrolled in BCBSVT coverage (direct enroll or through Vermont Health Connect) and the type of change you need to make.
Direct Enroll Member
If you're currently a direct enroll member, reference the table below for help.
|Type of Change||Examples||How to Report|
Change of Information
Change is effective immediately but could take up to four days before appearing in the Member Resource Center.
Log in to the Member Resource Center (MRC), click 'Report a Change'
Life changes must be reported within certain time frames and the effective date is determined by the type of event.
Add new dependent(s) as result of:
Remove existing dependent(s) as result of:
1. See if you qualify for any subsidies (financial help) by using the Vermont Health Connect Subsidy Estimator.
2. If yes, and you want to take advantage of the subsidy you need to enroll in coverage through Vermont Health Connect (you can enroll in the same BCBSVT plan and we'll apply any money spent towards your deductible and out-of-pocket).
3. If you do not qualify or don't want to take advantage of the subsidy, you have two options to report your change:
Enrolled in BCBSVT Coverage through Vermont Health Connect
If you enrolled in BCBSVT coverage through Vermont Health Connect (VHC), report your changes to VHC.
However, if you qualify for special enrollment period (e.g. experience life change/event), you have two options:
- Stay enrolled in your current coverage through VHC and report changes to them
- Direct enroll in coverage through us
Members enrolled in BCBSVT coverage through VHC have the option to request their plan administration be transferred to BCBSVT. This means that you would become a direct enroll member and would work directly with us for enrollment, getting bills, paying premiums and reporting changes. It's important to note, direct enroll members are NOT eligible for any subsidies. To learn more about this option, please contact an exchange consultant at the number below.
For help or questions, call our experienced BCBSVT exchange consultants:
(800) 255-4550 | Monday -Friday | 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.