National Walk@Lunch Day
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Join us for the eleventh Annual National Walk @ Lunch Day®
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is gearing up for National Walk@Lunch Day on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - and we want you to join us! Tens of thousands of walkers participated in last year's event and we hope you'll help make this year an even bigger success.
Wear comfortable walking shoes and simply take a walk at lunch. It can make a difference in your overall health.
Smoothie Bike Raffle
In addition, to celebrate the 11th anniversary of National Walk@Lunch Day, one school and one business could win a people-powered smoothie bike!
- All participating schools will automatically be entered in the school raffle for a bike.
- Businesses can enter the business raffle by posting a photo of their walk on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bcbsvt. Let us know who you are and where you're walking!
Register for your own onsite walk and we'll provide you with materials that will help your walkers. Please register early to receive your supplies in advance of your walk.
The following locations will have informational booths and organized, self-led walks from 12 - 1 p.m.:
- Burlington - Market Place at Church & Main Street by City Hall
- Burlington - UVM Medical Center, across from main hospital lobby
- Burlington - UVM, University Green on University Place
- Montpelier - State House Lawn
- Rutland - Regional Medical Center, Walking Loop
- St. Johnsbury - Trailhead of the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail
Benefits of Walking
When done briskly and on a regular basis, walking can:
- Decrease the risk of heart attack and type-2 diabetes
- Control weight
- Improve muscle tone
- Reduce stress
If you have any questions, please contact us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (802) 371-3486